(Q)How do I test my system?
(A)To ensure your GE alarm monitoring system is communicating properly, an alarm will have to be sent to the alarm company monitoring station. Call the alarm company monitoring station to place your account on test; this is
to prevent false alarms. The number to the alarm company monitoring station is 866-642-4567. Ask for Customer Care. The alarm company monitoring station will ask you to provide them with your name or the address where the system is located and your password. You will be able to place the account on test for one hour. After your account has been
placed on test, please follow these steps.
- Arm system by pressing the doors and windows button.
- When the panel stops beeping, your exit delay has expired. The system is now armed.
- Now open an entry/exit door. When the alarm sounds close the door. Open and close all remaining entry/exit doors.
- With the alarm still sounding, open and close all remaining doors and window that are contacted.
- With the alarm still sounding, walk in front of the motion detector.
- Now press and hold the EMS panic button for three seconds.
- Now press and hold the Police panic button for three seconds.
- Repeat this step on the Fire panic button as well.
- Disarm the system with the 1+4-digit Master Code. The System Status light will be on.
- Press “Status” button. This will indicate which zones have been activated.
- Enter the 4-digit Master Code to disarm system.
- Now that all the signals for all zones have been verified press Status. Immediately after the system stops talking, press the Disarm button to clear the alarm memory.
- If all zones are closed, the System Status light will now be off.
- Wait 3 to 4 minutes and call the alarm company monitoring station to verify the signals have been received.
The motion detector can only be activated once every four minutes. If you walked in front of the motion you will need to wait at least four minutes, while the alarm is still sounding, before the motion detector will detect you again.